Friday, October 31, 2008

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

Halloween makes me think of my dad. He LOVED Halloween when we grew up and when we were too old to go trick-or-treating he wanted us, or rather him, to have fun with the kids, or rather victims, in the neighborhood. He would spend days planning and decorating scary/fun things outside our house for the trick-or-treaters. We would have spider webs all over the place, fake spiders that fell on your head, spooky music, people jumping out of bushes etc. I have to say it really was a lot of fun scaring all the neighbor kids (even the older ones).

I'm not into Halloween as much as my parents were, but I really enjoy spending it with Rachel and our friends. Since it's Rachel's dad's turn to have her this year I only get her for a few hours, so I'll pick her up and go to Becky's to see her kids and take pictures. The years we do have Rachel are usually also spent at Becky's. Every year she has a bunch of people over and we have snacks and spiced rum and then go trick-or-treating as a group. It's always a lot of fun spending it with Becky but this year Rob and I will be going over to his sister Nicole's house in Everett. She does the same kind of thing and we can spend it with his family and their friends and not worry about Rachel being up too late and then a long drive home.










Here's Mason, Rachel, Michael, Rob and me at Becky's back in '06. If you can't guess, Rachel is Daphne from Scooby Doo.











Here's Rachel last year at a haunted house as a cute cheerleader!










I'll make sure to post pictures tomorrow of tonight. Have fun everyone and be safe!
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

-Samantha

1 comment: