Monday, November 24, 2008

JUST DANCE!!!

Last Saturday night I went to see Lady Gaga perform at the Last Supper Club in Seattle with my friend Angela. It was such a great night and turned out to be quite the adventure. I really don't go to events like this anymore, but I absolutely love Lady Gaga and I knew it'd be a great experience to see her at such a small venue.

So here's the story. Lady Gaga is on tour right now with the New Kid's On The Block who were playing at the Tacoma dome that night. I found out a few weeks ago that she was going to do a guest appearance at the Last Supper Club right after the concert. I asked Angela if she wanted to go with me. She is such a fun person so I knew we'd have a blast. Some of her friends from work, Harper and Casie, were going as well so we decided to all go together. Casie also knows the owner so we got on the VIP list as well. The doors opened at 9pm and we got there a little after that. There weren't very many people there yet so it was nice and mellow, just how I like it. Casie went and talked with the owner and found out that they had put too many people on the guest list to get in (like more then twice as many). We knew then it was going to get really crowded. We had been told Lady Gaga would be on at 11pm and around 10:30pm it was already starting to get really packed. Then we heard she wouldn't be on until 11:30pm. While we were waiting in the crowd I ran into Jeff, who knows my friend Becky. He is SO much fun so we hung out with him all night too. Around 11pm they made an announcement that Lady Gaga was on her way from Tacoma. By then it was SO crowded we could hardly breath. Even all way way in the back of the room was crammed so we decided to go downstairs where it was pretty much empty and wait until she got on stage. While we were downstairs, this crowd of security guards suddenly came rushing in from the emergency exit door and there she was! Lady Gaga being whisked up the stairs right in front of me! Security made us wait for a little bit before they let us upstairs because it was too crowded so as soon as we could we rushed upstairs to the stage. The crowd was all over the place. You couldn't really choose where you were going, you were just moved with the crowd. It ended up working out in my favor because I was actually pushed to the very front of the stage. There were literally only like two people in front of me. I got some great pictures and had such an awesome experience. She was only on the stage for 30-45 minutes which was good enough for me. I don't think I could have handled the crowd for too much longer then that.

I had a such great time and am SO glad I was with Angela, Harper, Casie and Jeff. It meant a lot for me to go to this show and I'm so glad I got to share it with such great people!


Angela, I and the lovely Lady Gaga!




-Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment