Wednesday, November 5, 2008

YES WE DID!!!

I was talking to my mom the other night and she told me a funny little story she remembered about the 1988 election. I was 8 years old and my parents took me to a Dukakis rally where he was speeking. I was SO excited jumping up and down clapping and waving a sign. Then election day came and Bush won. That night my mom came into my room and I was laying on my bed crying. She asked me what was wrong and I told her that I was upset that Bush had won and I was worried that the world would come to an end. I'm sure I had visions of armageddon in my head. She said she felt so bad and was really surprised that I was scared for our future because of the election.

Last night I, along with the nation, had the honor to witness and be apart of history. I get so emotional when I think about the effect this will have on our future. I have such a good feeling, it overwelms me. I finally feel like the strong divisions this country has had for so many years is fading little by little. This year I wanted to make sure that Rachel knew what a special election this was. I wanted her to see that there is NO limit to who she can be. I want her to aim for the stars and beyond. This election has given me something I haven't had for years. Hope for a better future.

Love, Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment